Forms are pretty important additions for gathering data from website visitors. They help inform your marketing strategy and develop contact databases - ones you can use to more effectively push out your content to relevant audiences.
HubSpot and WordPress are two pretty powerful CRM tools. Some prefer the latter, some the former (that’s us!). However, there’s a number of people who created their website on WordPress but now use HubSpot for their marketing growth purposes. See the issue? Using a WordPress form doesn’t necessarily pull that data through to HubSpot for analysis.
However, there’s a simple solution - you can embed a HubSpot form in WordPress. This means that you can use HubSpot’s analytical power as you’ve moved away from conventional WordPress plugins.
Here’s how you can do it in seven really simple steps.
- Install HubSpot All-In-One Marketing - Forms, Popups, Live Chat WordPress Plugin
- Add and activate plugin: Go to Plugins > Add New, then click Install Now on your plugin. Then click Activate Plugin
- Create a form in HubSpot: Go to Marketing > Lead Capture > Forms, then Create Form
- Change form fields: Select Field in form preview and edit
- Customise HubSpot form: Go to Options and customise your form settings
- Preview form: Click Style & Preview to review what it looks like
- Embed and publish form: Go to HubSpot > Forms > Copy shortcode then paste the shortcode into a WordPress page
For a more detailed version of these seven steps, head to our blog here.
However, even though those steps are pretty straightforward, there’s a simpler way of doing things.
Considering multi-step forms
In some cases, forms displayed in WordPress can look a little ugly. Especially if you have to use a number of standalone forms chained together. This kind of site inclusion is simply a way to a poor user experience as the site visitor is beset by several places to input information.
This is where a multi-step form would come in handy. A multi-step form is a long form that gets broken down into different pieces to make it less intimidating to users. A good example of this would be an embedded survey that loads a new question when the previous has been answered, rather than having every question listed in full on the page.
However, there’s no way to do a multi-step form without a third party.
But wait - you’re in luck. There’s only one direct way of creating and embedding a multi-step form from HubSpot to WordPress and that’s with our HubSpot WordPress Form Plugin.
So why use a HubSpot form plugin for WordPress? Well, they’re:
To see the full business case for using this type of form, read this blog here.
How to install the HubSpot Form WordPress Plugin
Installation and setup is super easy. Just follow these steps:
- Download your plugin by clicking the download button.
- Do not unzip the file, WordPress needs it zipped up to install
- Open your website, and navigate to Plugins
- Click Add New
- Click Upload Plugin
- Select your file name: hubspot-multi-step-form-plugin.zip
- Click Install Now
There you have it! Couldn’t be easier.
If you’re interested, check out the HubSpot WordPress Form Plugin by clicking the button below.